Friday, January 09, 2009

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam & Nazrein Milana

Wish you all a Very Happy New Year!

I am presenting two completely different songs on my blog, one with all the fun and the other one - a serious, emotional song.

(1) Nazrein Milana Nazrein Churana - I absolutely feel like dancing when I listen to this song. This song from the movie "Jaane Tu Ya Jane Na", and A.R. Rehman as the music director, has a wonderful urban touch, and has around 5 voices. Real fun song to sing, and enjoyed every bit while recording.

(2) Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam - Ismail Darbar, the music director, is simply outstanding in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. This song has the music that is rich and exquisite for a Hindi film. Needless to say, Kavita Krishnamurthy's singing, that stirred all our souls. Her voice just melts with the music and she won many awards for this song.

I have tried my best to get the feelings and expressions right for both the songs, keeping in mind the picturization of the songs. Please give me your feedback!

6 comments:

George said...

Hi Sunitha,
Let me break down my feedback for each song:

1. Nazrein Milana Nazrein Churana:
I thought this was good, but not your best. The first two lines of each para was not upto par. I think it was a combination of style of singing and mixing that was the issue. But other than that, I liked it.

2. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: Quite nice again Smitha. Few shaky notes here n there. But overall a commendable effort.

-George (http://blog.gksden.org)

Parasmani said...

I liked "nazrein milana" better because of the style of singing. "Hum dil de chuke" comes in second. Expressions and feelings(both)...you were successful in your endeavor!

Naveed said...

Hi Sunitha,

Just watched the film 'Jaane tu ya jaane na' ! So song was still fresh in my mind!!! And I enjoyed your rendition of 'Nazrein Milana Nazrein Churana', you did well with the different 'voices' :-)

2) 'Dil De Chuke Sanam' - I felt this is a good song for your voice and you captured the mood of the song well although some parts lacked 'sharpness'...

Please keep posting, you have a great voice :-)

Naveed

vaibhav123 said...

Sunitha,
"Nazare Milana.." is sung beautifully! The attitude and style is too good. "dil kabhi thanda.." is the best sung line.

Hum dil de chuke..is good. Basically I am used to listen to this as a duet so the solo version sounds a bit different..landing notes of this song could have been better.

-vaibhav

Jo said...

Very well done Sunitha. Loved your vocals totally!

Deblina M. said...

Sunitha,

Loved both the songs in your voice.
Nazrein milana ... voice change was very good.